Fet buffer (?) for I/V stage ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
carlosfm said:

I said "I think" because I couldn't check it.
I could enter the TI web site, but the search for PCM56 produced a time-out.
I tried several times, but the site didn't move.
There was no way I could confirm.

Then why post incorrect information, conditional or otherwise. What was so urgent that you felt the need to post without confirmation?

rfbrw, there is no need to talk like that.

Now lets see. No need to talk like that. Ummmm. Not from where I'm standing.

Are you mad with something?

Mad with. No. Mad at. Possibly

We are having a good conversation here, I think?:confused:

If you mean the same old TDA1541 fetishism, then yes.

rfbrw said:
Then why post incorrect information, conditional or otherwise. What was so urgent that you felt the need to post without confirmation?

Sometime ago that device was not active.
I couldn't confirm now, but I had the idea it was discontinued.
That's why I said "I think".
Is this serious?:eek: :clown:

rfbrw said:
If you mean you same old TDA1541 fetishism, then yes.

Call it what you want, I like it.
And...?
If you call it "fetishism" because I prefer the sound of the TDA1541A to the modern Delta-Sigma dacs, be it.
I don't go with moods, I use my ears.

carlosfm said:

Sometime ago that device was not active.
I couldn't confirm now, but I had the idea it was discontinued.
That's why I said "I think".
Is this serious?:eek: :clown:

Only as serious as you make it.

Call it what you want, I like it.
And...?
If you call it "fetishism" because I prefer the sound of the TDA1541A to the modern Delta-Sigma dacs, be it.
I don't go with moods, I use my ears.

Each to his own, I've no problem with that. It is just that no matter what the topic is about sooner or later the TDA1541 zealots pop up advocating its use for everything under the sun.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
rfbrw said:

Each to his own, I've no problem with that. It is just that no matter what the topic is about sooner or later the TDA1541 zealots pop up advocating its use for everything under the sun.

Although not being a totally TDA indoctrinated person I plea guilty for myself popping it up in this thread. But a somewhat more positive approach would keep athmosphere better, you can't fight fire with fire. Nevertheless i'll try to refrain from repeating the message again.

It is time for a new chip, preferably a R2R or similar one ( definitely no Delta-Sigma type ) that sounds better than the oldies.

TI/BB are you listening ?

jean-paul said:
Although not being a totally TDA indoctrinated person I plea guilty for myself popping it up in this thread.

No!
My fault, sorry.:xeye:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=513659#post513659

jean-paul said:
It is time for a new chip, preferably a R2R or similar one ( definitely no Delta-Sigma type ) that sounds better than the oldies.
TI/BB are you listening ?

I think that in these 24bit/192khz-and-DSD times, R2R dacs are never gonna see the light again.:bawling:
Would it be possible to make an R2R dac that allows these formats?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.