Fet buffer (?) for I/V stage ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PD8500 has PCM 63 ?

I bought two PD9300 very cheap.
One had a dead laser and in the other one some electronic died when I adjusted some pots.
The laser moved very fast to the one end and then the transport was dead. :dead:

Finally I moved the laser from the player with the dead electronics to the other one and it works fine.

carlosfm said:

Will that thing beat the Pioneer?:D

As written before I even did not listen to the pioneer. :rolleyes:

Spectrum analyzer told me that noise is 6dB better in the Pioneer, due to two more bits, but harmonics are worse, the best of my PCM56 are 6 dB better than the best of my PCM58.

But maybe this has to do with the oversampling filter, I will test again in external circuitry before putting the PD9300 on ebay. :D

I am afraid that higher bit dac are only better on paper because it is very difficult to manufacture even 16 chips bit with accuracy.

The data sheets always say that monotonocity and DC characteristics can not be garanteed. :whazzat:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Bernhard said:
One had a dead laser and in the other one some electronic died when I adjusted some pots.

Please do not adjust my cdplayers like that ;) If they simply work OK you better leave them unadjusted.

Bernhard said:
As written before I even did not listen to the pioneer.

Why listen if you can measure ?

Bernhard said:
I am afraid that higher bit dacs are only better on paper because it is very difficult to manufacture even 16 bit chips with accuracy.

Finally, enlightment !

CarlosFM, maybe NJM2068DD can end lowest on our Worse Opamp 100 chart !

carlosfm said:

You will eventually find out sooner or later that for CD, the best Dac you can use is the TDA1541A.:D
You are buying the wrong CDPs...

I prefer TDA1541 with no A, like in CD304mkII.

PCM56 and TDA1541 sound very similar to me, PCM is more dry and TDA has more Bass.

But PCM56 measures better + is mono and selection is easier + it needs less external parts and less pcb space, so...

till said:

"active" for a diyer, is whats available as free sample;)

jean-paul said:

That is exactly the motto of quite some professional engineers that design the plastic we can buy ( and that we try to improve with patience and some accuracy )...

You miss my point entirely, but as I said its only audio so in the general scheme of things it amounts to precisely nothing.

rfbrw said:
With a click or two you could have confirmed the validity or otherwise of your post. But its only audio,so why bother with accuracy. The PCM56, all grades, is listed as ACTIVE.

I said "I think" because I couldn't check it.
I could enter the TI web site, but the search for PCM56 produced a time-out.
I tried several times, but the site didn't move.
There was no way I could confirm.
It may be Bernhard asking for samples.:D

rfbrw, there is no need to talk like that.
Are you mad with something?
We are having a good conversation here, I think?:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.