DAC Jitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought on the internet a Audio Alchymie DTI Pro box. I took a chance when buying it first because it's 7 years old and second I had never heard such a product before.
I installed it between a Sony DVD 900V player used as cd transport and a Audiomeca Elixir DAC. After the first few notes came out, I could believe my ears. My whole system has been changed for the better
1- High notes are simply revived. Cymbals in particular have now their shimmering sounds.
2- Soundstage is much improuved.
3-Dynamics have improuved, I can now listen at a much lower volume and still get a feel and presence of the music.

Overall this is the best 130.00CDN spent on a tweak.

Rest of my system concists of:
YBA 2 Pre-amp with HD power supply.
YBA 2 HC DT power amp
JMLab Micro Utopia speakers
4 DIY subs (10 inchers Peerless) driven by Crown K1 power amp.

I would suggest that the older the equipment DAC and Transport the more effect the DTI Pro will make. Also, there is a High end DTI Pro 32 which is even better.
Happy Listening
Dan

Dac Jitter

This box syncs both clocks (transports and DAC) it links back and forth the 2 machines.. Its a really neat thing. Before, I could hear the dac trying to sync with the transport for a .5 second. Now as soon as iI pop a CD in the machine, the DTI locks in one way and after maybe 2 secs locks again the other way. It makes all the difference in the world.
Cheers
HidiDan

I recently inserted a Genesis Digital Lens between my Theta Data II CDT and Theta DS Pro Generation Va DAC. The resoults were nothing short of spectacular.

Its a little bit advanced than AA units, since it uses a RAM buffer instead of PLL, but the purpose is the same - lowering jitter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.