Need resistor value for CAL Sigma DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A resistor burned up in my CAL Sigma II DAC (with 24/96 Alpha Upgrade).:bawling: It is resistor R224 in the muting circuit section. I can't read its value cause it's burnt up. Can someone tell me the value or read it off of their unit? Or, if someone has the schematic for any Sigma DAC, perhaps I can bypass the muting circuit entirely. Everything else looks visually fine. Thank you, Marsupialx the Poor who is listening to a Sony DVD player without an external DAC:bawling:

Well Marsupialx,

Nobody else seems to be able to help you out.

Here´s a slim chance:
I used to have an old Sigma, bought it in LA around 1990 or 1992.
I sold it to a friend. He still uses it. Only problem is that its 300 miles away.
He´s not technical, so to ask him to open it is not an option.
If I visit him I might open it up and have a look.

I dont know when this would be. I visit him maybe 1-3 times a year.
Might do it before Christmas, dont know.

Thanks, Tubehead. The first ray of hope. Cool beyond cool. At this stage i'd settle for an educated guess as to the value. Thank you again.
Somebody must either own one of these or have a schematic. Thanks. - Marsupialx the poorer who is still listening to a Sony DVD player directly.

:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.