Service with Ultranalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Did you adress your mail to the right mailadress with the correct subject line ? I know Remco is a bit picky about incoming mail to avoid spam ( as clearly stated by him at his website ) but he sure knows what service is.

Please realise that writing that "nobody seems to bother with your email" while you possibly made a mistake yourself can work out negatively for the fellow DIYer in question, especially when you complain about it on a public forum.

Anyway, I've sent him an email to check your post.

I think you are confusing a shop with an individual who happens to share a hobby.

Individuals sometimes work during the days and some are even known to spend some of their weekends away from the computer. Thus it may happen that you have to wait a while before your mail is answered (in this case, an astonishing 6 days). It is not my primary source of income or interest and is prioritized accordingly. Today a colleague at work had to point me to this thread. Nice. Thank you so much for your patience.

I will refund you your money including the cost of shipping as soon as I receive a photograph of the cd. I am sorry but that is all I will do for you.

It is only response folks like Thomas and Jean-Paul that keep me from stopping this foolishness altogether.

edmondchlee said:
Anybody have experience for buying the CD service manual CD? I ordered one last month and a broken CDR was delivered. However, they do not seem to bother with my email complaining about the broken CDR. Is there a way to contact the person in charge?

Hi,

My CD came in perfectly. Please be kind to Remco as his 20 euro CD offers a LOT !

regards

edmondchlee,

Sending 10 emails in one week is ridiculous. I have been in a similar position to Remco and I can tell you that taking 5-6 days to respond to an email is hardly outside of the bounds of reason, when you consider the constraints of work and the amount of spam one must wade through on public/semipublic email accounts.

I too like to get responses within a day or two, but people who do this as a hobby just can't keep up with standards that few commercial enterprises meet.

My advice to you is to relax and try to be more considerate in the future.

Hi,

I have to agree with the others here, Remco's a busy guy, and has many projects going including life. Still I think we are quite lucky that he not only builds great stuff but also manages to find the patience and consideration to post details on his website, and also offer info to would be builders/buyers.

I've always found Remco to be logical and helpful.

Thanks
Raja

I'm not asking for trouble here and I only want a replacment CD so that I can fix my dead CD player hopefully.

1) I got my payment instruction from Remco within 2 days and I thought he is able to reply within one week.
2) When I cannot get a reply from someone for more than 7 days, I have assumed that the mail is lost.
3) I posted the thread here only try to find a way to contact Remco. Before I posted the thread, I sent email to the memeber of this group who direct me to Remco for buying the CD. However, he did not a way to contact Remco.

Edmond Lee,

I think I have been crystal clear in my previous post.

I will refund you your money including the cost of shipping as soon as I receive a photograph of the cd. I am sorry but that is all I will do for you.

Re-reading my own words, I am amazed I am even explaining my private life to you.

Your conduct with hammering my mailbox and starting this thread has not been very incentive to do more than that. I am in no way obliged to comply with your 'I want'. In fact, if this continues, I will just discontinue the site althogether.This is not worth my free time.

I will expect your reply via private email by no later than wednesday, November 18th after which I will consider the case closed.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
This thread is closed as things will be arranged via PM. I am sorry to see how things developed, it is not worth all the trouble for both parties.IMHO this all does not need to be discussed in public. With some common sense and some patience... ( fill in yourself ).

A public forum can be a terrific place for exchanging ideas and such but it should not be used for complaints like this and certainly not when they're in such a premature state. Also I think that we should realise that when parts and such are bought from fellow DIYers you are not dealing with a company. It can take some more time than when you're dealing with a commercial company. For most of us this is a hobby after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.