Project: Surround Sound decoder on an FPGA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, I'm new here but I think you guys could help me. I'm looking to implement a full Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound decoder on an FPGA. I'm starting from absolute scratch and I only decided to give it a try earlier today. I'm having problems finding out info on the specs and decoding algorithms for these standards. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd say I'm going to need a lot of advice during the course of this project, especially on the analogue side or the circuitry. I'm gonna hopefully use this thread alot if you guys are keen to assist.

I work in the design department of leading FPGA company so that end of things I should be able to get assistance with in-house, but my main concerns are with the standards, algorithms and audio SNR.

Please post here if you're interested or have anything to offer (or if you've tried making this before!!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.