Neede help identifying details in a diagram - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2004, 04:40 PM   #11
klitgt is offline klitgt  Denmark
diyAudio Member

OOOPs!

I wrote: I may ask stupid questions but try nevertheless: Why is the signal going through IC106 before it goes to the RCA output socket? Why not directly from NE5532 in the 2U-1435 modules to the RCA output sockets?

Because there is a low pass filter to take into consideration! Glad I found the answer myself!

But I still want to know why the 2U-1435 modules arew on a separate board.
Old 3rd November 2004, 04:52 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by klitgt
OOOPs!

I wrote: I may ask stupid questions but try nevertheless: Why is the signal going through IC106 before it goes to the RCA output socket?
Because IC 106 provide , by mean of the relays , the de-emphasis in case of the disc has been recorded ,with pre-emphasis.
The lower part of IC 106 is a servo.

After all the manufacturers like to complicate the things a bit...
Old 4th November 2004, 08:01 AM   #13
klitgt is offline klitgt  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Jorge,
Thank you, it cleared things up a bit.

Could you help me further?
The IC106 (left ch) is NE5532P and may be replaced by AD825 based opamp modules.

In the 2U-1435 circuits are also NE5532P, but only ½ of the opamp is in use. I wonder whether these opamps may be replaced by AD825 modules. Or is there another opamp suitable for this?

The NE5532Ps in the 2U-1435 circuits get signal from IV converter and sends it to Low Pass Filter.
The 2U-1435 circuits are placed on a separate board, not on the main DAC board like IC106. Why not integrated on the main board?

The de-emphasis managed by IC106 is maybe important?
If I replace the entire analog stage by LC Audio Zapfilter mk.ll which takes its signal directly from the DAC chip I-out, will I disable the de-emphasis feature managed by the IC106?
So is it recommendable not to replace the entire analog stage?
Attached Images
File Type: gif denon3300.gif (84.7 KB, 148 views)
Old 6th November 2004, 02:22 PM   #14
hjelm is offline hjelm  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I have actually no idea why the 2u-1435 is on a separeate board. It seems they must have a reason since companys does not do anything that costs extra money if they do not have to. As for replacing the circuit with another opamp. Yes it is fully possible but if you use a single opamp to replace the double one you have to rearrange the pins. Easiest is to replace it with a double opamp.

Why they use a double onbe instead of a single one could be that it would cost more to buy a double one, it is all in the volumes.

Why they do not use both opamps and one module, guessing crosstalk or interference problems.
Old 8th November 2004, 03:37 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hi Hjelm,

Hi-Fi products require some fine-tuning before they are released from R&D departments in to Production. This involves different TYPES of ICs, resistors and capacitors. Certain combinations give good results. This is probably why 5532 OP amp is on a separate board(s).

You should definitely try AD826 (and OP275). Unfortunately, your CD player has + and - 15V DC for analogue stage, which prevent use of outstanding AD8066 (with adaptor boards).

Nick
Old 5th December 2006, 12:59 AM   #16
wsjoe is offline wsjoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Default DCD-3300 mod

Hi,

I have a couple of DCD-3300 that I would like to upgrade the opamp and perhaps the clock.

Klitgt,
have you tried other opamps besides the AD825 and other clocks besides the LC Lclock Xo 3?

thanks

wsjoe@yahoo.com

Hide this!Advertise here!