Sowter/Pioneer AX-10 Mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IC 311 etc. are all dual op amps. You just want to use one side of these op amps. The other side is disconnected(or short the pins to ground). So, the answer is pin 1. Since they are dual op amps, you can use the best dual you can find. The AD8620 is great but is a surface mount. You would have to use an adaptor or carefully wire it into the holes of existing op amp. Similarly a great single like the AD8610, AD825 or OP627 can be used with an adaptor as well. The feedback resistor sets the gain. The cap across the feedback resistor sets a single pole of filtering. A very small cap (10 picofarads) is all that is necessary for it to work great. However, if you want more filtering (if it sounds too hard) then increase the cap in value till you see some slight roll off on a 16K sign wave. You would need a test disc and and oscilloscope or good meter to measure this. No downside to removing all the other parts except now everything will be ruthlessly revealed, so you have to then change all the power supply caps, damp everything, black the CD, use Walker Vivid, etc.....hee hee. Just kidding, sort of. You will see. Good luck.

Ric Schultz

Thanks Ric, we see I might go for a try later on. I have just replaced the OPA2134 with the 8610. I'm very happy with the result so far. But if I can improve it even further with such a simple method, then why not. Makes we wonder why the output stage was design that way in the first place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.