need help with kwak clock components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guillaume said:
Just got the list of components needed for a kwak clock 7.
Are there alternative models for the Pot, the Fet, and the Transistors?
What does NPO stand for? non polarized?
What size should the ferrite beads be?
Thanks,
Guillaume

guillaume, Any pot will do, no alternative for the FET. Transistors can be any type.
NPO ceramic cap stands for zero tempco cap. Ferrite just small size 3.3x 3.5 mm(L x D). I hope this helps.

guillaume, if you're in france I can send you the jfet if you can't find one.

As Elso said, the pot isn't critical; a multiturn is better. The same value, or a close one is ok. I think that any small signal and high beta transistor will fit. (BC557/547 or BC5505/560 aren't hard to find)

I can't tell anything for the choke, since mine aren't ok (and Elso's avatar isn't either, I think :D)

Hollydays in Brasil, Elso? ;)

Bricolo said:
guillaume, if you're in france I can send you the jfet if you can't find one.

As Elso said, the pot isn't critical; a multiturn is better. The same value, or a close one is ok. I think that any small signal and high beta transistor will fit. (BC557/547 or BC5505/560 aren't hard to find)

I can't tell anything for the choke, since mine aren't ok (and Elso's avatar isn't either, I think :D)

Hollydays in Brasil, Elso? ;)

Bricolo, you seem to know better than the designer/ creator of the damned thing, isn't it:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.