Sony CDP-X779ES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Finally, one is heading my way...
And since a search did not get much results; please give me some upgrade suggestions!

For "integrated" use, op-amps & blocking-caps are obvious.
But what about clock(s)? Witch is most important?
For 1) audio out use? 2) digital out use?
Would maybe a Tent clock with "feedback" be usable here?
(guess not, frequencies does not add up)?

Arne K

P.S.: My Teac VRDS-10 is up for trade / sale...incl.new laser.
(and another new as spare!(KSS-151A). -looking for new KSS-272A )

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Work have started

-but I need some help...
On the audio-board, after the DAC, signal goes to op-amp IC402/502.
On schematics it says "DE-EMPHASIS" on these, and there is no switch....so is the signal filtered for de-emphasis all the time?
Should I remove/modify/bypass the filter?

Arne K

Hi Arne,
That whiskey was not a good idea........
I have a look at the schematic. Deemphasis is simply wrong, should be IV-converter for IC402 & 502.
Balanced out takes a separate route after these IC's.
If you are using the player only as a transport the 16.9344 MHz clock is only important. Digital out will even work with the 45.1584MHz clock disabled if you install a 16.9344 clock.
The 45.1584MHz clock is needed for the Sigma-Delta DAC. When using the player integrated you run across the two clock problem as these two clocks need to be synchronised.
:cool:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Switching

This time it is a error in the schematics...!

Another error; the balanced output is wrong (+/-)(swapped).

Try also dis-connecting the digital out wiring...it makes a change in sound !???!

I also noticed that the internals are quite warm..a few vent-holes would help!

Arne K

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Digital...

DragonMaster,
I ment the internal wire, (it's separate, to a "digital-pcb" in my player).

But it will probably always be best leaving out the wiring you do not use...?

Have just "updatet" a X202ES, new op-amps, a few caps, some damping & weight. It has one of the same Dac-chips as the 779, and does sound allright now.

Arne K

Elso Kwak said:
The 45.1584MHz clock is needed for the Sigma-Delta DAC. When using the player integrated you run across the two clock problem as these two clocks need to be synchronised.

Whenever this 2 clock thing crops up it is always presented as a huge problem. Can't see what all the fuss is about. There is at least one off-the-shelf solution and generating 1024Fs and 384Fs from a single source is not difficult.

45MHZ AND 16 MHZ CLOCKS IN CDP-X779ES?

Hi Arne,
That whiskey was not a good idea........
I have a look at the schematic. Deemphasis is simply wrong, should be IV-converter for IC402 & 502.
Balanced out takes a separate route after these IC's.
If you are using the player only as a transport the 16.9344 MHz clock is only important. Digital out will even work with the 45.1584MHz clock disabled if you install a 16.9344 clock.
Hi
I have a problem installing the 45Mhz clock in the SONY CDP-X779ES. I have a Burson Super clock for 45Mhz but it just won't work then I read your post qouted above could you please elaborate on what you meant by both clocks the 16Mhz and 45Mhz need to synchronized.? Is that the problem why it will not work with one super clock installed at the sigma delta DACs. Would a superclock for 16mhz from Burson cure this.

When I put the old crystal back with the two caps it works fine.

On the schematics I just do not see how the two clock are synchronized.

Please send some advice
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.