Use a DAC of a CD-player ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: YES!!!!!

Jocko Homo said:
Do you guys have trouble reading/understanding the datasheets? Or is it a case of wanting someone else to tell you what to do. There have been a series of questions the last week or two that make me wonder..........

(Several guys have done this......not singling out one guy...........)

Jocko

You have to bear in mind your experience in this topic probably exceeds the total time some of the posters have been alive. And you must admit that if you haven't much of a background in this topic being faced with FSYNC, LE, LRCLK, WDCLK and WSAB all being the same thing or not depending on the IC in question, can be a bit daunting.
Still, sometimes I do wish people would make just that little bit more of a effort.

arold19 said:
Do I have to cut the pin between the SAA7210 and the SAA7220 before solding my CS8414 ???

The datasheet for the SAA7220 shows the SAA7220 acting as master to the SAA7210 and TDA1541. Not only will you have to isolate CLAB,DAAB,EFAB,SCAB,SDAB,WSAB and XSYS, you will also have to disconnect the crystal connected to the SAA7220 if it is present. EFAB, SCAB, SDAB and XSYS can be left floating as the first three have internal pull-up and pull-down resistors and XSYS is an output.

I know how daunting it can be. That is why I suggst that they buy a DAC kit, and learn from it. At that point, they can ask "Hey....I have such and such DAC kit with a TDA1543. Is it possible to adapt it to the inside of my CD player with a dead laser and make a DAC out of it?" They will at least have some sense of what is involved.

Yes, if all the chip companies usesd the same terminology, it would easier. Even for guys like us.

Jocko

Today, i received my CS8414 and it is very small.
I don't understand very well the things you are talking about.
I just try to do something with this high quality cd player and I can't succes without your help.
I will do the best I can to connect my CS8414 on the SAA7220 with the reply of (RFBRW) in mind
But what you mean by :

(you will also have to disconnect the crystal connected to the SAA7220 if it is present)

thank you very much

arold19 said:
But what you mean by :

(you will also have to disconnect the crystal connected to the SAA7220 if it is present)

thank you very much

See page 19 fig.13 of the SAA7220 datasheet. It shows the SAA7210, SAA7220 and TDA1541 connected together. Connected to pins 10 and 11 of the SAA7220 is a 11MHz crystal. If you are going to connect the CS8414, you will have to remove the crystal and connect the master clock from the CS8414 to the SAA7220(XIN) and the TDA1541(SCK).

arold19 said:
Thank you very much, I understand well now.

And what about the Pin 23 MUSB and the Pin 22 ATSB of the SAA7220. I cut the pin or I don't touch at that ?

Isolate ATSB. It has an internal pull-up so you leave it unconnected. You can do the same with MUSB but you will get noise every time the CS8412 has no input signal. I would connect it to VERF (pin 28) of the CS8412 but you have to invert the output of pin 28 first.

I need your help !
Yesterday, I finish to put my CS8414 in my cd player and when I plug it, it play very well. I was very proud but, after a couple of second, I understoud that there's something wrong.

The 2 output are the same !
The signal of the right channel is the same that the left one.

Do you know what can cause this ?
Have you ever see this ?

Can I correct this ?

thank you very much !

ok, I found it !
pin 4 of TDA1541 is DATAL/DATA, I don't have to put the the master clock of the CS8214 here and I have my 2 channel...
The sound is good but it disturb a bit in some music, maybe the output voltage of this cd player is to much for my bride of zen...

thank you vey much for all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.