Can the CXD1130 output S/PDIF? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2004, 11:41 AM   #1
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
Default Can the CXD1130 output S/PDIF?

http://www.diyzone.net/article.php?s...rder=0&thold=0

According to the babelfish.altavista.com translation, this article is about replacing the CXD1130 DSP chip on a CD player with a CXD1135 in order to enable DOut from pin 27. From that I infer that the CXD1130 wouldn't generate an S/PDIF signal on pin 27 (Dout).

I've been looking for a way to enable digital out on a Laserdisc player with the CXD1130, but I haven't been able to find a datasheet for the CXD1130, let alone the other similar chips (CXD1125, CXD1135, CXD1167). A magazine article claimed that the CXD1130 could do Dout, that it was just a matter of setting the Mode pins correctly. (I already contacted Sony Semiconductor, and they told me that the CXD1130 datasheet was confidential.).

So, can anyone give me some clues here? Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Zamboanga, City of Flowers, Mindanao
Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Default Re: Can the CXD1130 output S/PDIF?

Quote:
Originally posted by dangus
http://www.diyzone.net/article.php?s...rder=0&thold=0

According to the babelfish.altavista.com translation, this article is about replacing the CXD1130 DSP chip on a CD player with a CXD1135 in order to enable DOut from pin 27. From that I infer that the CXD1130 wouldn't generate an S/PDIF signal on pin 27 (Dout).

I've been looking for a way to enable digital out on a Laserdisc player with the CXD1130, but I haven't been able to find a datasheet for the CXD1130, let alone the other similar chips (CXD1125, CXD1135, CXD1167). A magazine article claimed that the CXD1130 could do Dout, that it was just a matter of setting the Mode pins correctly. (I already contacted Sony Semiconductor, and they told me that the CXD1130 datasheet was confidential.).

So, can anyone give me some clues here? Thanks in advance.
Hi dangus,
Digital out selection (See 10)CXD1125Q, CXD1135Q
When the digital out function is switched to ON, a signal conforming to the Digital Audio Interface Standards is output from DOTX pin. When it is switched to off, WFCK signal is ouput from pin DOTX.
Pin #27 = DOTX
Pin #56 is digital ouput enable. It can be high or low depending on the other mode setting pins. Best check with a scope if you get any SPDIF signal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 08:44 AM   #3
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
Thanks for the reply. To be more specific, the chip is a CXD1130QZ. I know that I tried pulling pin 56 low, and that didn't help. I'll try hooking up all three Mode pins (55, 56, 57) to a jumper block and try all the possible combinations. Do you know if these pins have internal pull-ups or pull-downs?

If I don't get anywhere with enabling the digital output, I'll see if I can feed BCKI/DATA/LRCK (pins 76, 78, 80) to a DIT4096 and get the sound out that way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2004, 10:36 AM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Zamboanga, City of Flowers, Mindanao
Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Unhappy Can the CXD1130 output S/PDIF?

Quote:
Originally posted by dangus
Thanks for the reply. To be more specific, the chip is a CXD1130QZ. I know that I tried pulling pin 56 low, and that didn't help. I'll try hooking up all three Mode pins (55, 56, 57) to a jumper block and try all the possible combinations. Do you know if these pins have internal pull-ups or pull-downs?

If I don't get anywhere with enabling the digital output, I'll see if I can feed BCKI/DATA/LRCK (pins 76, 78, 80) to a DIT4096 and get the sound out that way.
Hi dangus, As your CXD1130 is not mentioned in the part of text I copied from the combined datasheet I am afraid digital output is NOT available in your case. I don't know about internal pull-down or up. Simply connect the pin to the powersupply OR to ground.
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2004, 04:43 AM   #5
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
That would explain why the guy at diyzone.com went to all the trouble of replacing the CXD1130 with a CXD1135. Maybe Pioneer built some versions of the LD-V8000's with the 1125 or 1135, and that's why there is a trace and connector location on the board for the DOUT signal.

I found a few other threads (diyzone, USENET) that mentioned the CXD1130, but none of them gave a definitive answer as to whether it could do S/PDIF out or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 04:15 PM   #6
jonlowe is offline jonlowe  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally posted by dangus
That would explain why the guy at diyzone.com went to all the trouble of replacing the CXD1130 with a CXD1135. Maybe Pioneer built some versions of the LD-V8000's with the 1125 or 1135, and that's why there is a trace and connector location on the board for the DOUT signal.

I found a few other threads (diyzone, USENET) that mentioned the CXD1130, but none of them gave a definitive answer as to whether it could do S/PDIF out or not.
dangus,

Did you ever get S/PDIF out of your LD-V8000. I am very interested as I am going thru the same thing.

Thanks.

Jon
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 12:45 AM   #7
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
No, I haven't tried the DIT4096 yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 02:19 AM   #8
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
The CXD1125 datasheet pretty much implies that only the CXD1125Q and CXD1135Q have S/PDIF outs.
Datasheet (mostly in Japanese, but the pinout is in English): http://www.vasiltech.nm.ru/files/CXD1125Q.pdf

There's still some hope for using the DIT4096; I still haven't made a board to use it yet. The CXD1125Q datasheet will be helpful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 09:28 AM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangus View Post
The CXD1125 datasheet pretty much implies that only the CXD1125Q and CXD1135Q have S/PDIF outs.
Datasheet (mostly in Japanese, but the pinout is in English): QIP.RU: ?????, ?????, ???????, ??????????, ???? ? ???????????

There's still some hope for using the DIT4096; I still haven't made a board to use it yet. The CXD1125Q datasheet will be helpful.
Please send for me datasheet CXD 1125.
Mail Vietdt5@gmail.com
thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 07:29 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
I'm looking to add a digital audio out to my V8000 and found this thread during my search. I'm thinking of buying a CXD1135Q to replace the CXD1130Q on the board. If I can accomplish that, what happens from there to create a digital audio output? Any info anyone could give would be a great help. Even just general info on adding digital audio out to a laserdisc player. If I could find a cheap player that already has digital out, I'd be fine with that, but I haven't come across any. Or if anyone knows of any models which are very easy to add a digital audio out and usually go cheaply, please let me know. Thanks for any help.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ADC with S/PDIF output cbriere Digital Line Level 6 9th July 2009 10:28 PM
S/PDIF Digital output Katapum Digital Source 90 23rd March 2006 06:20 AM
Transformer for S/PDIF Output mapperlord Digital Source 1 27th January 2005 08:55 AM
S/Pdif output board Michele Spinolo Digital Source 10 16th December 2004 10:13 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2