mods for the Denon DVD-3910

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, have you started doing anything to yours yet?

i see a bunch of posts on audiogon talking about mods. most of them tell exactly what they are doing. for instance, replacing the opamps with AD8620, bias the output stage to class A (i would have NO idea how to do this), switch out the output jacks (i probably wouldnt mess with this), upgrade the signal wire from a PCB trace to a wire, replace all "critical" resistors to rikens (22 total), change out a bunch of caps, replace power supply caps, change power supply diodes to FREDs and HEXFREDs, soundproof the chassis, and a few other things.

so it looks like the easiest things to do that would make the most sense would be to replace the opamps. they are probably REALLY cheap. then, look into what caps are in the critical signal path, and replace those. then upgrade PSU caps and diodes. then replace crappy resistors with new ones. that should get you a decent improvement.

i used to have some very high res photos of the boards. ill have to find it, it would be easier than taking apart my unit. ill post them if i find them.

Are there anything to tell about modifying the Denon DVD player?

Do you have a schematics? I have not, but there is one thing I would like to know; Does the DVD3910 (and other Denons) convert SACD/DSD to PCM before conversion? I googled the Denon some time ago, and the results indicated the use of an IC which purpose in this world was to convert DSD to PCM.

Regds
Rolv-Karsten Rønningstad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.