Fisher DAC-9335 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a fisher DAC-9335, 24 disc CD changer. My son blew the speakers on the stereo a few years back and it has not been used since. Last week I got new speakers. When I hooked up and turned on the stereo the CD changer worked. I loaded a CD and played it to check the system. Then when I went to load more CD's an "m-error" message scrolled across the screen. The manual said to reset the system by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in. However, it still will not load or unload CD's and the "m-error" message scrolls across the screen.

I have one CD in the number one slot and it plays but that is it. As soon as I try to load, I get the message.

Has anyone run into this problem before. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Rodder

Lolll!! The rubber belt!! We can clearly see that you're talking through your hat as there's NO BELT into that model and also ALL the Fisher 24 disc changers. Instead, you have to change two idler gear, one is located near the front of the unit, where the loading mecanism is, and the second is where the loading disc is, near the bottom left of the unit. Those two idler gear are not expensive but this is quite a job to change them as you have to lift up the whole mecanism. Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.