RX and TX Mods on a Philips CD880

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,

After checking this site out for a while I took on the task of modifying a philips cd880 player.

When I started this I didnt have a clue (better now but still pretty newbie). Purchased a schematic cdrom from a fellow inmate here and did some reading.

Now what I wanted to do was use my cd880 as a transport since I had already invested a chunk of change into a non OS dac.

All this discussion of jitter, mismatched impedances etc meant I had to do something about transmission and reception.

I got hold of Jocko (on this forum) and purchased a couple of
Tx and RX boards from him. Proper BNC connectors a must.

A little work, some solder fumes and voila. This piece really sings now. MUCH better clarity in voice and instruments, no digital harshness, deep and tight base and best of all no smearing.

All the installs just required patience, common sense and a little knowledge of the inside of your player. Easier than replacing an op amp (I know, I shorted one being careless).

I recommend you take a look at your RX and TX especially if your using SPDIF like me. Theres some posts on this , do a search.
Its a world of difference...

best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.