Please comment on parallel DAC layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,

I modifying an existing Non-OS DAC based on the TDA1543 chip with upgraded parts & new layout to fit a new chassis.
The 8x1543 chips are now configured as a tower.

In my new pcb, I am planning to have the possibility of doing 16x1543.
In order to do this, I am looking at 2 options:

1. Build a tower of 8x1543 with a second slot right beside it as a provision for a second tower of 8x1543.

2. Layout the 8 DAC chips on the board (not as a tower) for the initial 8x1543 design. The future upgrade to 16x1543 will now entail piggybacking a second row of DAC chips on top of each of the 8 chips already soldered to the board.

The wiring layout to parallel it would look like this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What do you think of the 2 options? Option 2 looks more "pro" layout-wise but do you think that the longer connections would result in some sonic degredation as opposed to Option 1?

With option 2, my power lines might have to cross over the circuit to get to the receiver & clock V-inputs.

TIA :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.