Rotel RCD-991AE: what's the upgrade path?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Currently I have the Rotel RCD-991AE which uses two Motorola MC7805.
It also uses two OPA-132PA and four OPA-2132PA op amps (the CDP has both single ended (RCA) and "balanced" outputs (XLR). Although I've been told it's not a true balanced design. The first thing I'm going to do is replace the OPA-132PA with OPA627 and likewise for the OPA-2312 via BrownDog Adapters. For not I will use IC sockets until I'm certain I like the changes/improvements. There are 4 Nichicon Muse FKZ 100uf 25 v just before the analogue outputs (I think I'll leave these alone for now)

Next step is to replace the two Motorola 5+volt regulators (MC7805AT) with ONSEMI MC7805ACT regulators (I'm not up to making a regulator yet). I think the ONSEMI regs are drop in replacements (am I correct in this?).

The third thing I would like to do is replace some of the regular Nichicon Electrolytic caps next to the toroid transformer with some Panasonic FC caps.

The 22 Black gate F caps I'll leave alone for now. The 6 Fine Gold (digital filter) I think I'll replace with Sanyo OSCONS.

Unfortunately or fortunately, there are some 6 Wima FKP (Green) and some 14 Wima MPK-10 in the analogue stage as well.

BTW I have the schematic on file and if any kind soul wishes to look at it please let me know. It's a large file btw.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated but please keep it simple. I can desloder a part and resolder but that's about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.