Modding Slimdevices Squeezebox - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2004, 06:43 PM   #1
Adrian is offline Adrian  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Modding Slimdevices Squeezebox

Hi,

Has anyone looking into improving the digital out from a Squeezebox? (wireless streaming box, using PC as jukebox - able to stream uncompressed PCM as well as MP3). See: www.slimdevices.com

From looking at the documentation it uses a Micronas MAS 35x9F:
http://www.micronas.com/products/doc...s35x9f_1ds.pdf
as its codec including clock PLL, AD/DA, audio amp and SPDIF driver. I'm interested in just using SPDIF so have dissabled the DA/AD (from s/w command in server code). Clocking uses external crystal and an internal PLL/divider to provide a range of frequencies. As you can program the divider with the crystal frequency to the khz, does this mean the divider counts the whole way to the defined frequency?

Anyone have any experience with this - perhaps better caps on the analogue & digital supply? Anyone have a view of reclocking to remove the divider/PLL?

Adrian
Old 12th October 2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Machz is offline Machz  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

I'm not particulary knowledgeable in the terms you are speaking of, but I wish also to have my Squeezebox connected through a receiver/amplifier directly through the Digital Line Connection. The Squezebox provides (2) digital line outs: One (1) coaxial output and one (1) optical output.

Do any of you know a a good equipment that can convert my signal nicely and amplify it?

Hide this!Advertise here!