Modding Slimdevices Squeezebox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Has anyone looking into improving the digital out from a Squeezebox? (wireless streaming box, using PC as jukebox - able to stream uncompressed PCM as well as MP3). See: www.slimdevices.com

From looking at the documentation it uses a Micronas MAS 35x9F:
http://www.micronas.com/products/documentation/consumer/mas35x9f/downloads/mas35x9f_1ds.pdf
as its codec including clock PLL, AD/DA, audio amp and SPDIF driver. I'm interested in just using SPDIF so have dissabled the DA/AD (from s/w command in server code). Clocking uses external crystal and an internal PLL/divider to provide a range of frequencies. As you can program the divider with the crystal frequency to the khz, does this mean the divider counts the whole way to the defined frequency?

Anyone have any experience with this - perhaps better caps on the analogue & digital supply? Anyone have a view of reclocking to remove the divider/PLL?

Adrian

I'm not particulary knowledgeable in the terms you are speaking of, but I wish also to have my Squeezebox connected through a receiver/amplifier directly through the Digital Line Connection. The Squezebox provides (2) digital line outs: One (1) coaxial output and one (1) optical output.

Do any of you know a a good equipment that can convert my signal nicely and amplify it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.