CD player for Gain Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am open to suggestions for a compact CD player that would fit with the Gain Clone concept -- not necessarily minimal, but fairly compact. And affordable. I guess that this might mean of Japanese origin (for this part of the world) ?

Sorry, yes, I already have a Sony diskman! :clown:

carlosfm said:
Teac makes some little and cute CDPs.
But do you want quality or small size?:D

I don't want to speak for falcott but I'm rather looking for quality than size. I have a Sanyo CD player that is quite small but does not sound all that good. It does the job for now but will eventually be replaced.

What I am looking for is ideally a universal player (CD, DVD, DVD-A and SACD) that features it's own volume control and bass management so that I can hook it up to a 5 channel GC amp. In order of priority, I am looking for at least CD and DVD capability, good bass management second, volume control third and multi-format coming in very close in fourth.

As such a beast probably doesn't exist, I'd be looking for a CD/DVD player that features good audio qualities. Although I haven't had a chance to listen to the Cambridge Audio Azur DVD player, I have heard pretty good things about it. For the money, I believe it's hard to beat.

Unless someone comes up with a brand new CD/DVD player that fills the above mentioned requirements in 2005...

Peter Daniel said:
Probably the most reasonable aproach would be using CD-Rom drive with control board, info on which was posted previously here on a forum.

Thanks Peter; I'll do a search. Sounds like the sort of thing I'd like to try...

carlosfm said:
Teac makes some little and cute CDPs.
But do you want quality or small size?:D

Ummm.... what about both, Carlos? :angel:
(I guess you're saying that Teac are not quality :rolleyes: )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.