My tda1543 based dac (as if there where not enough of them around ;o) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st September 2004, 09:24 PM   #1
hifi is offline hifi  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default My tda1543 based dac (as if there where not enough of them around ;o)

well, here it is folks.

/ Mikael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dac.jpg (85.3 KB, 802 views)
Old 21st September 2004, 10:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Any further detail?

Cheers

Andrea
Old 22nd September 2004, 10:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

hmm

CLC input filter and LM317 pre regs

Scientific conversion input transformer, Mcap Supremes on the output. the rest of the parts are and the parts are Holco/Rikens/cerafines/nichicon muse.

Pass transistors with TL431 regulators on the cs reciever and reclocking circuits On the Tda i have a version of Elso Kwak:s old regulator but with a reference witch gives it about 8V

The reclocking is done with a 74vhc4040 and a Tent oscillator I am aware of the weakness with this approach and someday soon I will get around to measure the jitter but it do work and resonable well at that.

/ Mikael
Old 22nd September 2004, 11:42 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Why the TDA1543?
Old 23rd September 2004, 07:44 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Why?..why not the TDA1543 ?

/ Mikael
Old 23rd September 2004, 07:52 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hifi
Why?..why not the TDA1543 ?

/ Mikael

There are considerably better DACs around.
Old 24th September 2004, 09:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hifi
hmm

CLC input filter and LM317 pre regs

Scientific conversion input transformer, Mcap Supremes on the output. the rest of the parts are and the parts are Holco/Rikens/cerafines/nichicon muse.

Pass transistors with TL431 regulators on the cs reciever and reclocking circuits On the Tda i have a version of Elso Kwak:s old regulator but with a reference witch gives it about 8V

The reclocking is done with a 74vhc4040 and a Tent oscillator I am aware of the weakness with this approach and someday soon I will get around to measure the jitter but it do work and resonable well at that.

/ Mikael

Hi,
any ideas how MCap's are working in here- did You made any substitutions to determine if they are good in Your dac.
I am asking this because I have a problem- I must put some GOOD caps (like maybe mcap's) but they are expensive for me to make a mistake if they don't work in there good enough- I have tried BG's (not good enough), some very old aluminium PiO's (to sharp), some polyprop's (well some might work but which one); finally I have settled on Wondercap Ultima with Danor (very old units also but they work very good---- unfortunatelly I cant buy them new so I must find something to put in it - I can buy Mcap's in my country but they cost . Also I am thinking about some MIT Multicaps RTX or PPsomething (PPFXS I think)......
Opinions......... please

btw; dac looks very nice _suggestion; separate your dac from the power supply - or at least put some copper plates on Your CSxxxx/TDAxxxx chips.

best regards
daniel
Old 24th September 2004, 01:13 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Im sorry, I have no reference regarding the caps you mention so I cant really give you an objective opinion on how they would fare against the Supremes. I can however say I do enjoy those caps.

/ Mikael
Old 24th September 2004, 03:48 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

The best cap I've tried on my passive TDA1543 dac is a 220uf OSCON, 10v Sanyo G-type.
Old 24th September 2004, 06:35 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hifi- to bad- well, a friend gave me some normal polyprop's from MCap- will try them (he said that they are a little soft but good). Also, if I like them than I would convert to Z foil (to my knowledge a little more detailed and opened when compared to normal MCap). The supreme's are a little bit sharp (to my knowledge).

I didn't try them so I have said that only what I know from my friend - he tried them all but can't give me none except those normal- so I guess that I would discover that for myself...

Didn't tried Oscons at the output but in my analog power supply they didn't work nice (oscon SH)- I use them in digital part of the dac.... O.k. - maybe they would work at the output

thanks for the informations
best regards
daniel

Hide this!Advertise here!