clock crystal location on denon dcd 520 cdp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2004, 07:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question clock crystal location on denon dcd 520 cdp

hi, i wanted to try damping the crystal on this particular model but can't seem to locate it. anyone happen to know the location? please ! don't tell me it's under the transport he he. thanks for any help, crippledchicken
Old 16th September 2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Try to locate the dac and the decoder IC. Can't you find anything with with a metal case?
Old 16th September 2004, 10:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

hi peranders, i know what they usually look like or, the ones i've seen so far were just silver sort of rectangular pretty much like the crystals in the scanner radios i've worked on. i've looked all over but, have seen nothin similiar. according to some chip # i ran on Google i have dual, PCM56P DACS made by burr-brown which i have found but nothing like the crystal i was expecting to find. i thought, i read an article at one time which stated that some players, had them underneath the transport? i sure hope not. i've had the pc board out and replaced op amps,rectifiers, and ps caps and found nothin on top or bottom sure got me stumped? any way, thanks for replying, crippledchicken

Hide this!Advertise here!