sony cdp-591 schematic?anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i recently picked up a sony cdp-591,which dates from 1991-2...i found it in a thrift shop.it was dirty as hell somewhat scratched and dented on the top panel[perfect but dirty front panel] but at an "as is" price of only 3.99cdn it was just too cheap to pass up working or not...anyway i brought it home,pulled out the minor dent/bend in the top panel where something heavy had obviously hit it recently[probably on the way to the thrift store by the look of it],cleaned up the outside...it was clean inside and appears to work perfectly in every way,i've played probably 10-12 hours worth of cd's and cdr's through it without a single skip or any untoward behaviour..so yay! not a huge score,but a decent lookin and working cd player for the bedroom system and something to play with and mod for only 4 bucks!

sound is typical cheap sony...lacking bass and lower mids with not much depth at all..but otherwise very clear and detailed,it does get a few things right...alltho it needs work,i think it shows some potential to be at least better if not ever great...the output stage seems to be straight forward and based around a ne5532 output with a close by tlo82 possibly used for I/V???the actual circuitry on the underside of the board is a maze and pretty hard to follow....

does anyone possibly have a schematic for this model or even any closely related to it?i've searched high and low and can't find one,i certainly can't justify buying one even if i could find someone who sold them..i paid 4 bucks for this thing,i'm not sure i can even justify buying a cheap universal remote for it until i see whether or not i actually end up using it!any suggestions on what to do and what mods work best with these sony things are more than welcome as well...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.