Cheap non-os I2S transport?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i know most marantz players are non-os.

some of the philips players are also non-os.

the cd-634 that i have has both os and non-os I2S.

most of the time, you can get non-osed I2S just before the reciever(is that what you call a SAA7321?).

i know for sure you can`t get non-os I2S from a philips CD7 series. and a marantz 4000.

i like Yeos page on this subject:
http://diyparadise.com/rm20dac.html

i have an older Marantz (CD-46) which has a TDA1541, but id really like to use a TDA1543. because it does not have I2S im guessing you can take the AES/EBU out of the SAA7345 using a pulse transformer and a few bits, or reclock it, as shown in a thread using a circuit by Kwak, then use the outboard CS8412/TDA1543 dac. im hoping i can get my head around it one day.

phs said:
i like Yeos page on this subject:
http://diyparadise.com/rm20dac.html

i have an older Marantz (CD-46) which has a TDA1541, but id really like to use a TDA1543. because it does not have I2S im guessing you can take the AES/EBU out of the SAA7345 using a pulse transformer and a few bits, or reclock it, as shown in a thread using a circuit by Kwak, then use the outboard CS8412/TDA1543 dac. im hoping i can get my head around it one day.

:xeye: :xeye: TDA1541, TDA1543 are using i2s. TDA1541A too, but TDA1543A not. TDA1545 not. That's it.

More on the 634???

hacknet said:
the cd-634 that i have has both os and non-os I2S.

most of the time, you can get non-osed I2S just before the reciever(is that what you call a SAA7321?).

Have you done anything interesting with the CD634 or SAA7321?

I have a CD624 (almost the same) - and the service manual, if you want a copy.

John-

I would prefer not to say too much. I work for a company that produces a PWM chipset, so I might be accused of trying to use the board to promote the product or other commercial uses. This project is entirely my own being done on my time at my expense, and for my personal satisfaction.

The simple premise of the project is to build the PWM output stage into the CD player box, with both the cdp and the PWM chipset running from the same master clock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.