Onkyo DX-788F

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have come across a Onkyo DX-788F with dual 1Bit DACs/"AccuPulse" technology/8,9Kg
the unit is in a "mint" condition visual and technical. :checked: :up:;)

I like its basic "skills" but i want to raize the performance a few steps futher by adding a new clock (DIY), LC Audio AD8065 modules, oversiezed power-supply, de-coupling etc.

But to do this i need a schematics, can anyone help me out??? ;)

In forward thx! :wave2:

Ps. Even a DX708 schematics could be usefull for me to have :yes:

Please post what you end up doing and the results you get. I have a DX6800 that is kinda similar that I will cut into at some point.

Glad you found the manual. I had it also.

I always thought the initial (as in not the split-off joint company) Integra line of the Onkyo product family was fairly well-made and pretty decent sounding product. I actually miss my DX5700 CDP in a strange sort of way. I did a lot of mods and got a pretty good sound out it after a while.

mlloyd1

I will share progress/result for my Onkyo :)

For the moment im finalizing a Sony CPD-X55ES mod for a friend, a lot of capacitors has been replaced/added, some of them is large inter-tech capacitors ....pure overkill! but it is very audible in the most positive sence ;)

Placement of the Inter-tech's

2x 15µF/250V- analog stages reg. supply

2x 80µF/250V- analog stages reg. supply

2x 33µF/250V- par. with 5x 0,22µF/400V- par.
This capacitor located in the signalpath for the output.

4x 33µF/250V- digital power-supply in pairs, located pre-reg and after reg.

As it is now 4x LC8065 will be seated in the DIL-8 sockets, replacing original NE5532s :smash:

and if my friend got more money left in his "Hi-Fi" budget maybe even a LC XO3 :p

Recieved the LC modules for the Sony two weeks ago
Instantly it was obvious these piggy-bag 145MHz op-amps made a BIG difference compered to NE5532.
My first comment while listening to the CD-play which wasnt up to its working tempereture, this is much better soundstage and its like a curtain is dragged away.
price of these op-amps compered to the gain they do,
if you have a cd-play with betwin 1 to 4 op-amps in the analog stages............go for these "piece of wire with gain" op-amps ;)

Follow up on Onkyo:

The dude which offered me the deal never send the items i bought from him (Onkyo CD + a pair of B&W 600i speakers)......no need to express deeper what i mean of this person :rolleyes:
Im just happy i didnt send the payment in forward, payment was on delivery ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.