Pioneer PD91 & latest elcheapo sony dvd sacd player.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pioneer PD91 & latest elcheapo sony dvd sacd player.

Hello to anyone out there..
Im new here and am loving the DIY scene.Now who knows about the latest Sony DVD sacd player??.

Here in Australia its due for release late September, for AU$299.00 about 160 US$ or 220 euro.;) This unit is yet another slimline device and very inexpensive,, boasting 24/96 or whatever the SACD format needs,, in mulichanel and in stereo..

so heres a question....
i have a PIONEER PD 91 cd player.. 18 bit but its the real deal and i use it as a transport then feed the coax out to my 777es burr brown dacs.. in the end its not to sloppy and i get to enjoy at the least entry level audiophile...But then forgeting the ++ of the pioneer,does anyone have an opinion on the positive properties of these SACD entry level devices?? like so what about its crappy transport?? dont the dac's compensate enough here??

Ive had the experience of quality 8 bit devices out shinning 24 bit, but in this case it was all about quality of components..

my thinking is that since my entire system is NOT a complete hybryd Audiophile rig, but rather an attemt to get entry level at a Budget, with this in mind .."is sell off my pioneer pd-91 and move into the sony..upsmpling?sacd? etc"

Another question,
Phillips sacd 636??dvd player claims to up sample 44.1k..true..
is it right to assume then that this sony will do it too??
for all the people singing the praise of the upsampling capabilities of then Phillips.. its worth asking..
possibly this sony DVD sacd device will herrald a new eara marking the obsolescence of ANY 44.1k transport??
Thankyou for reading.. i hope someone replies.
cheers.
Simon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.