Who hacks the S47 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First part deleted by peranders (moderator) as Charles requested. Please continue with his question. :cop:

As a DVD-A player normally does not put out 192 on its s/pdif output, I have tuned my Pioneer DVD-565 (europe version of 563), to put out the complete resolution (adding a standard s/pdif transmitter chip).

Next I bought a Panasonic S47, which has a digital output capable of 192kHz (acc. to spec.) but the S47, like all other DVD-A players, only puts out 96 or 192 if the medium (the inserted DVD-A) allows it. And in fact no DVD-A allows more than a 48kHz digital output. IMO they should write it on the package ;)

Okay, as for the S47. It uses a odd Master-clock frequency that does not match with that of a standard AKM transmitter chip.

BUT the S47 hardware is able to put out 192kHz SPDIF. You can even select 192kHz in the menue.

So all that would be needed is a software update for the S47 that overrides the DVD-A disc setting. I think it may even be only one bit (but which) difference from the original software.

Is anyone of you guys seriously into DVD-player programming, so that more people would benefit from high resolution audio ?

Charles :)

I can't really see why all this fuzz. Your thing seems to be the same stuff as everybody else's. It's clearly hobby, if even that. To call this SPAM is a bit much I think.

If you also want to share schematics etc, this problem will be even smaller.

We moderators haven't talked about this issue but the opinion is my personal (for now at least) one, sorry J-P :cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.