kenwood dp-8010 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
kenwood dp-8010 - the best cd player in the world! ;-)

the souund was realy impresing untill...

there is a rubber elastic which keeps the lens over the laser. now this elastic is broken and cd player do not read the records. the lens fall down onto the laser and do not rise during reading of the record.
i triyed to glue it but without the results.
i cannot buy a new because it is not produced from at about 10 years...

is there anybody who had such a problem?

maybe is there a possibility to put in a reading system from a different device? but how to know which wire solder to which pin?

please give some ideas, i realy miss the sound of my old 8010!

Hi
I am warming up this thread because I bought another 8010 which is working.
As I wrote this player is extremely well designed and built, only the parts are not highend.
I have changed the caps in cricial places for Oscon SEPC, reworked audio path, omited a few opamps (yes:)) added OPA2604, some Fine Gold caps in audio section and...
the sound is amazing.
I think that nothing more could be improve for now (I think about BIG improvements) but reworking it to non os mode.

and this is my question:

does anybody know how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

how - simplified schematic

please take a look, here it is simplified schematic.
is it OK to cut BCLK, DATA, LRCK from signal procesor and put it to D.P.A.C. to inputs CH6,7,8,9?

Attachments

• sch.png
    sch.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 120
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.