Crystal CS4382 - is it worth to build a DAC with ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there gurus :)

I'm going to launch a self-made DAC project just for fun. My question is, if you heard anything about the CS4382 ? Is it worth to build on it ? (Mainly CD would be used, SACD Stereo will follow lately, surround doesn't matter but I think I'll build it to be surround-ready).

Until now I had the idea of building a DAC unit with two PCM56 chips, but ... I think I'll have to step a bit forward to DSD and another formats, not to mention the advantages of this new chip (if any???) at PCM signals. (I hope it performs outstanding, that's my question mainly I think)..

So until now it seems that I'd like to build a DAC, which does all the needed stuffs for me regarding decoding, but nothing more... so even if this chip is highly programmable etc.. I'll use it just as it is, in pure "Direct" mode, no display on the dac unit, etc.. that's it. Just a volume control, if needed, but volume will be regulated at the end stages anyway...

Any ideas ? What do you think of the chip itself ?

(Click here to know more about it)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.