Help needed for MP3 Player DAC project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

before i start i want to notice :

. I'm french so excuse me for "french sounding" sentences and miss understanding
. I'm a real newbie in hifi, audio, electronic science. The only thing i have ever done is soldering by following schematics, i'm not able to design it.
. I've made a lot of searches before and i ve understood the guidelines but when you talk about TX15465 or other, it's just fully unkown for me. So i need a line to follow because my lack of knowledge let me lost in the forum.

Then i want to give you the background of the project. If I'm going in the wrong way, you'll be able to warn me.

I want to make a caraudio system composed by :

- a source : iRiver iHP140 (mp3 jukebox)
- an amp : axton 4x60wrms
- 2-way speekers : canton QS2.16

As you see i don't want a standard carplayer as a source but only my mp3 player.

My player has an optical line out that i want to use. So the project takes place between player and amp. I'd like to make a DAC associated with a preamp to control the analog output level before the amp.

My needs concerning DAC and preamp :

DAC
. only one digital input (my player output is a optical minijack)
. with only one stereo output
. aimed quality is something homogeneous. I don't want a very expensive DAC with a 300$ audio system (the matter when i read all your DACs projects was i couldn't say if it was very HQ or not, no idea at all !)

PREAMP
. only one analog stereo input
. only one regulated analog stereo output to the amp
. the preamp is the only way i can adjust the sound level

I think that's all so i need a lot of help to know :

. if i didn't say anything totally stupid, if i go in the good way
. if i can make it
. how does it cost, and the way to make it cheaper if it's too expensive

Regards
Vincent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.