HELP!! pll1700+dir1703+pcm1793 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well my DIR works in a really odd way too. It will only work with a 48khz signal and wont auto lock onto anything else, even though it is set up to auto detect. I would appreciate it if someone would say all the conditions the DIR must be under to actually autodetect the sample frequency.

kafka said:
Because one device gives me system clock to my DAC, ADC and SPDIF encoder.

No it doesnt...
Your only supplying the DIR1703 with a clock... you dont need to since it has its own clock generator.
The PLL1700 is unneeded.

Have a look at the schematic for my last DAC:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/dac3/mwp-dac3-sch.pdf

The PLL1700 is only really needed when you need an easily changed rate clock source for multiple components.

PLL1700

Hi Kafka,

I designed a similar system to the one you are discribing. BTW Check the TI site for the newer version of the PLL1700 clock gen device.

The reason to use this over connecting the SCK out from the DIR straight into the SCK in on the DAC is this limits you to only using the default oversampling rate.

Sourcing all local clocks from a centralised clock point improves jitter performance considerably. It also provides flexibility with oversampling rates, and allows the designer to maximise the performance of the system.

Good luck with it
apollyon25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.