Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2004, 08:37 PM   #11
alecwek is offline alecwek  Denmark
diyAudio Member

ok...now the question comes......what drivers will windows use to run the device?
is it the WMD ones.......its cause im into making music on my computer and id like to know how the program....cubase would interact with this thing.......it would be cool to have as a small headphone out when im moving around with my laptop...

...or or or....u i could use it with my pc spectrum analyzer software as an isolated input into the laptop....so i can see the response of a filter...etc... on a spectrum analyzer on my laptop...holy crap...where do i get me one of these...
Old 12th August 2004, 08:50 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

drivers.. for sure it uses the standard MME. I think also the WDM, that are backward compatilble with MME. About ASIO, I made some tests with the 2 freeware ASIO drivers out there.. but don't remember if they work.. anyway I'm quite sure that sooner or later an ASIO driver supporting standard USB audio devices will be available (if isn't already).
Old 12th August 2004, 10:20 PM   #13
alecwek is offline alecwek  Denmark
diyAudio Member

cool asio as well....cool...ur the man...im really excited....i ve ordered these babies and im eagerly awaiting them.....hehe...i love technology.....
Old 28th August 2004, 02:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I made some tests with the PCM2902 and PCM2906 and ASIO drivers.

For the tests I used the general purpose ASIO driver ASIO4ALL, http://www.asio4all.com/ with default settings.

Tested playing and recording through ASIO with n-Track Studio.

Tested playing (with a lot of advanced settings and options) with Foobar2000. In Foobar2000 I have installed the "ASIO Plug For Foobar 2000 0.82" (from http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/foo_output_asio(exe)_044.zip ) and set these preferences in Foobar:
Playback, Output --> 32 bit fixed-point
Output --> ASIO (dll version)
ASIO --> Device = ASIO4ALL

Tested playing in Winamp (using the ASIO output plugin, http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/out_asio(exe).html )

In all cases it works very well.

Hide this!Advertise here!