Sony SCD-555 problems with redbook CD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Sony SCD-555Es and it plays very well. SACD's are playing without problem. But sometimes some CD's won't play, or some tracks won't play, although the CD is clean and without scratches. For example Still got the BLues (life) won't skip to the 5th track. Also some classical Cd's won't do that, although they are new. I know there has to be a solution, and somehow to adjust something in the TESTMODE. Please anybody out there who can help me. I hope I explained the problem clearly enough?

Regards,

Jan:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

This service mode for SCD XA777ES i copy from this site ! it may help u ! http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8366&forum=52

Service mode access (XA777ES):

With the player powered off, hold down the AMS button AND the Time/Text button while turning on the power. When 'TEST MODE Menu' is displayed on the player, release the Time/Text button FIRST, then the AMS button. This should drop U straight into the TEST MODE Menu...

At this point, U can use the AMS jog dial (and button) to select between the many menus/functions available on the player... Some of the TOOLS/QA functions that I find useful are the following (keep in mind, there are MANY more functions avail than I've listed here):

- unit power-on hours
- firmware version
- error history log (log of player errors)
- aging function (unknown if Sony pre-ages their players...)

To exit the service mode, simply power off the unit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.