CDPRO2 Group Project (open source project)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Push button caps

JC Fardo said:
Hi

I´m resoursing parts to my CD Pro2LF construction starting from DANTIMAX modules and pcbs.

I found at Antony Tagg´s galley images of the last and most dificult part to find so far.

Could anybody please inform how to get these metal push-botton caps
to acomplish the front panel board.

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2-atagg/DSCN0283

Thanks to all.

JC

You like those. :)

I made those myself from .750 18/8 SS roll stock on my lathe. I engraved the symbols on my Bridgeport Mill.

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:

I have the blue Optrex display, and I concur it is great looking. Here it is in my front panel before the final polishing, unfortunately I do no have the controller anymore.
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2-atagg/DSCN0352

Try to get your hands on a VFD. Much better :smash:
Got mine from pollin, under 10 euro's each.. This one is a samsung. Not LCD controller compatible, but easy to drive via a pic. Serial, one wire data connection. +5V supply only.

edit; picture is not that great. Real life is better :)

Guido

Attachments

• p3030002.jpg
    p3030002.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 656
CD-PRO2M

Hi Group: I am pleased to see there is still interest in this fine drive, and I have one that I plan to sell, so please excuse my mentioning it here. I just thought since this is a sort of special interest item, someone here might wish to know of it. Thank you:

This is one of the really nice CD-PRO2M kits from Ken Shih and Limin Wu that I bought in '05. It has been professionally assembled by a full time engineering tech, a super neat job. There are upgrades too, including Black Gate caps in the power supply sections, and an Audio Note output Transformer. I took it over to visit a friend with a $4k Wadia, and this made his player sound like a pioneer boom box. It replaced an Audio Note CDT-2 in my system, and sounds EVERY BIT AS GOOD. A super sweet transport. It does have a built in DAC (I guess), but I have never used it without an A/N DAC. Asking $1000 + shipping. Has very low hours, and that's the reason for selling; I am into vinyl and just don't use it much like I thought when I bought it. SIQ please write for pics and more info. Thanks, Heathman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.