Help with tube cd player please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I pick up what i believe to be a very rare tube cd player, it`s a (Musical Fidelity Class A Tube CD player Limited Edition) thats all it says on the front and there`s nothing on the back. I had to fix the tray as it was getting jammed with a few spacing washers and now it`s 100%. This thing sounds really good, but there`s nothing on the web or at MF`s site. It looks as though it be from the E (Electra) series but it`s not, it has the similar black gloss face and all.
Any help or info would be appriciated.
Cheers George

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I think the chance you'll ever find *anything* on these is very small. I had a Tubalog DAC ( with the chromed front cover ) of the same brand and the importer nor MF itself had any documentation of it.

My guess is that they had this units produced by another company otherwise I can't understand they don't have a schematic of their own units.

Is the tube output on a separate board ? And does it feature russian E88CC ( 6N23pi IIRC ) as well ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.