Bypass of the internal opamp of a dac : missed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw that thing in an earlier thread, that was supposed to work with a philips cd753 :

attachment.php

I tried to implement it in mine, this way :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And it's a failure. I've sound, actually it's even good sound, but the noise floor is absolutly huge, about as strong as the music.

I've double checked everything, it's correctly wired and I can't see any solder bridge.

Any idea on what I should check ?

Now you have 2 I/V converters - the first in the DAC and the second is the NJM4560. You could be happy that they don't oscillate (or does them ?)
You must switch off the internal I/V ... I think it's impossible :-(

Maybe it helps to re-equip the 470pf.

Another idea: short pin 4 to GND (without 470pf) ;-)

Regards

Jobstens

peranders said:
... hm.. excuse me but can you explain why you have taken the inverting input to the reference voltage? If you are going to modify a circuit you must know how it works in order to improve it.

:confused: Vref is connected to the non-inverting input. Filtcl (and the output of the dac) is connected to the inverting one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.