Info. on TDA1547 (DAC7) Switch Capacitor Network - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2004, 12:25 PM   #1
JohnW is offline JohnW  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default Info. on TDA1547 (DAC7) Switch Capacitor Network

Philips have discontinued production of the DAC7 – for a planned project, I need to design a highly accurate switch capacitor network. I remember some of the very early SAA7350 & TDA1547 (DAC7) Data / Application notes described in some detail the architecture / circuit of there switch capacitor networks – showing the basic circuits arrangement of the switch capacitor layout.

The TDA1547 IC01 September 1991 data sheet on the Philips Website no longer shows the switch capacitor layout – would anyone still have a copy of the earlier application / design notes they could Email (or just the page or so describing / showing the SCN).

Has anyone had any experience of designing SCN or used the LTC1043 Switched-Capacitor building block to implement a 1 Bit Dac Network.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

John
Old 5th July 2004, 01:00 AM   #2
Fin is offline Fin
diyAudio Member

Default This might help

This DAC has a switched capacitor network too.

SAA7322/7323 Datasheet
Old 5th July 2004, 12:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Fin,

Thanks for the Link. Had a look at the Data sheet, which unfortunately does not show the architecture / layout of the Switch Capacitor network.

I’m not having much luck, I had a look for my copy of the Crystal semi-conductors Data book (was it 1996) - Blue about 2 inch’s think, anyway its become a bit of audio designers Bible – my copy’s gone missing, which says a lot about the state of my Lab.

Seem to remember that the Crystal Data book also had examples of switched capacitor layouts.

Does anybody know of any more examples of DAC Switch Capacitor Networks?

Cheers,

John
Old 5th July 2004, 03:23 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

http://www.utdallas.edu/~hellums/docs/EE7326/Baird.pdf

Maybe this is of some help ?
Old 5th July 2004, 04:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Jean Paul,

Thanks for the link; unfortunately, the PDF describes switch capacitor integrators as apposed to a switched capacitor DAC network.

Anybody have a copy of the old DAC7 (TDA1547) application guide – not the data sheet.

Cheers,

John
Old 5th July 2004, 10:51 PM   #6
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Oops, gave you the wrong link. After searching a lot I found a link to the Philips paper of 1991 on switched capacitor DACs. Sorry I gave you the wrong link, too late now to find the right one.
Old 6th July 2004, 11:07 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Jean-Paul,

When you get time, I would be very grateful for the Link to the Philips paper on Switched capacitors – sounds like the information I’m looking for…

Guess you have a faster Internet connection then I do here in Prague – I’m on the waiting list for ADSL – only 14 days or so to go , my current download speed is only 2.4K a second – rules out much in the way of effective searches. Apparently, Czech Rep. has the slowest Internet connections & most expensive phone calls in Europe (both of which I can confirm).

As a contrast – my apartment in HK (Discovery Bay - in fact the whole island) is wired for fast ADSL & free local calls – which means free calls to the whole of HK & the New Territories – but then there’s not much “historic” architecture in HK – I guess you take your pick.

Cheers,

John
Old 6th July 2004, 11:49 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Did you mean this ?

http://www.jobstens.dyndns.org/area0/tda1311a_2.pdf

page 5 ?

(By the way: S1 in Fig. 3b must be open ...)

Regards

Jobstens
Old 7th July 2004, 10:16 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Jobstens,

Thanks for posting the link, the switched capacitor network shown is for Continuous Calibration DAC - which differs from the architecture for a Bitstream DAC which I'm looking for.

John
Old 16th July 2004, 09:48 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Transfer

Hi John,

When you might happen to be in Schiphol Airport in transfer and / or in Amsterdam, don't hesitate to drop me a mail or call for coffee or lunch.

Like to discuss PWM matters.

Cheers,

Frank (Anyone interested in a digital amp. project? Thread)

Hide this!Advertise here!