restart ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
viruses?:D do a online scan if you can

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

if not likely hardware;)

take the lid off. make sure all your fans are spinning up.
thay get dust in em and whatever its cooling overheats.
if you gota go in touch the case first. to get rid of static build up in you. or you may cook something

if its the power supply dont open it just buy a new one
hight volts even when turned off. not worth it;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Sorry Xiaoma1, Norton Antivirus is not a very good scanner anymore. It was very good some years ago. It does not catch all worms either unlike its competitors in business. It also suffers from the microsoft syndrome; it is the biggest so many people that make virusses switch off or disable Norton when their newest creation detects its presence on the pc.

www.free-av.com has a nice free virusscanner that catches more virusses than Norton and does not ask for registration or other administrative/spamming info.

www.avast.cz is another nice one.

The earlier recommended Spybot S & D 1.3 is an excellent free app for removing spyware. I don't think spyware can cause reboots but life is better without spyware and your pc is faster without it as well.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

i have forgot about this thread here .. i still didn't fix my problem .. is it normal that inside the computer the temperature is 102 C + ? yes i have 4 fans in there but the machine is hot.. i have tryed everything that u guys have sayed but it dosn't help .. like the mainboard is so hot u can burn ur fingers and the processor man that thing is crazy hot ? as i have sed is it normal to be this hot maby this is the problem ? but when i got the machine like 2 years ago it was this hot and it didn't restart so i don't know ..

if your cpu heatzinc is so hot it burns your fingers. its time for a new one. but the problem is if its been runing a long time like that
it may be time for a new cpu as well:D . i have seen and worked on
computers that have been runing hot for years with the same problem. thay come in and the mainboard around the cpu socket is brown from the heat<-athlons:D . most of the time you need a new mainboard cpu and heatzinc with fan.

good luck...:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.