Help with crackling noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I've had my Sony CE535 CD player for 4-5 years now. A few months ago it started to screw it up. What it does is it plays the CD fine for 10-15 mins, then it starts to make a static/crackling/white noise and it gradually gets louder and louder over a period of 15-20 seconds. After the 15-20 seconds it's all static and the CD restarts or it stops playing or the track restarts or any number of odd things. Then it repeats, but it only takes 1 or 2 minutes before it starts to make the noise again.

I know it's not the speakers, because it does it on headphones too. I've tried many CDs, so it's not the CD. The radio on the receiver plays fine too, so it's not the receiver. Sony's support didn't do anything, they just told me to buy a new one basically. I know you guys are damn smart, maybe you can give me some ideas to try. Thanks a ton.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.