Philips CD930 and CD931 whats the diff?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Elso has extensively modded the 931.. I bought one with that purpose but still didn't make any mod....:smash:
If you search there are many posts about them, but IIRC the suggested mods were clock replacement and using a external DAC (maybe tapping the IIS signals), and of course power supply tweaking.

I got a copy of the service manual from him.

Regards

Andrea

hacknet said:
Philips CD930 and CD931 whats the diff?

i`ve got both, personally, the 931 sounds better. whats the difference between them?

what mods would you recommend for these babies.

and

does anyone have the schematics for these babies?

Thanks!!

Hi Hacknet,
The difference is almost none. The servicemanual of the CD931 is just an addendum to that of the CD930. I have given up to find the differences.
;)

Ok,

Fun besides :D

CD9x0: made in Belgium (hasselt)
CD9x1: made in Singapore

Any other differences: :whazzat:
Maybe different components used :dodgy: since one sound better than the other.

Check the labels (i'm not shure, read it somewhere on the net during surfing). Then open them up and see if the buildquality is the same :D

my 2 cents

edit: i swear that the JP post was not there when i last looked.
How about that.... btw JP, check your clock.... Not afraid to be asleep tom during the match ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That method is reserved for non technical people only.

A technical orientated person just goes out and buys a T10 when he needs to open a Philips cdplayer more than once.

Hacknet, I had that once too. T10 screwdriver that did not fit in T10 screws. Cheap quality has its price ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.