TDA1541 simultaneous mode compatible to PCM56 format

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: TDA1541 simultaneous mode compatible to PCM56 format

Bernhard said:

I detect an ever so slight hint of hostility in that reply.Fair enough.
Rant on
In order attain a reasonable level of competence in any arena, one has to be prepared to put in some degree of effort, however basic. And what can be more basic than reading the datasheets?. I am frequently amazed by the kind of information people expect to be handed to them on a plate, while they at the same time are not prepared to put in the slightest effort.
Rant off

FWIW page 4 of the TDA1541A datasheet states clearly under the heading Input data selection that the data must Offset Binary when the TDA1541A is in simultaneous mode. BTW this topic was covered in detail in the thread covering rah's circuit for connecting to the TDA1541A in simultaneous mode.
Page 4 of the PCM56 datasheet under the heading Digital Input Codes states that the data for it is Binary Two's Complement.
Incompatible without glue logic I'd say, wouldn't you?

Re: Re: Re: Re: TDA1541 simultaneous mode compatible to PCM56 format

rfbrw said:

FWIW page 4 of the TDA1541A datasheet states clearly under the heading Input data selection that the data must Offset Binary when the TDA1541A is in simultaneous mode. BTW this topic was covered in detail in the thread covering rah's circuit for connecting to the TDA1541A in simultaneous mode.
Page 4 of the PCM56 datasheet under the heading Digital Input Codes states that the data for it is Binary Two's Complement.
Incompatible without glue logic I'd say, wouldn't you?

Sorry, I overread that.
The timing diagrams looked so nicely the same.

My idea was to put TDA1541 in a Technics player where PCM56 work back to back on halfwaves which seems to be the same as what is done in colinear PCM1702.

It would be the unique oportunity to gain higher resolution with 1541 and avoid digital zero crossing distortion.

There must be that glue logic somewhere on my hard disc...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TDA1541 simultaneous mode compatible to PCM56 format

Bernhard said:

My idea was to put TDA1541 in a Technics player where PCM56 work back to back on halfwaves which seems to be the same as what is done in colinear PCM1702.

If you read the PCM63 datasheet, it will become very apparent that it is not possible to ape the Colinear process with a pair of audio dacs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.