|Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|12th June 2004, 01:09 PM||#1|
NOS DAC capacitor choice
I went ahead and ordered a PCB + all the SMD chips from here:
What capacitors should I use?
1) general purpose 4700/25 for the three power supplies, bypassed with poly caps; this ought to be OK, having in mind the heavy regulation afterwards and the small currents being drawn - 500mA per supply; should I consider going for Rubycon ZL or Panasonic FC series instead?
2) 7812/7912 decoupling for analog PS: Rubycon ZA 220uf/16V with 0.1uf X7R ceramic; I read that low esr caps might be bad in this position... should I go for general purpose 470uf/35V caps instead?
3) TL431 decoupling for digital/analog: Rubycon ZA 47uf/16V/0.1uf X7R ought to be ok if not overkill;
4) Clock supply (27mhz oscillator/PLL1707), TL431 regs: Sanyo OSCON 150/16 or Rubycon ZA 47/16?
5) AD1892 SPDIF input; I need two 10nf caps... what should I use there (polyester or metallized polypropylene?)
6) I need 8 1uf NP caps for the I/V converter (thought of using WIMA MKS02/1uf/63V)...
7) X7R SMD's 100nf should be ok for the SMD caps...
Deep down inside.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Crossover capacitor choice||Jonasa||Multi-Way||47||6th November 2009 12:15 AM|
|capacitor choice||gain wire||Everything Else||6||20th December 2008 07:11 PM|
|Capacitor choice for attached schematic||kasra||Tubes / Valves||11||17th February 2007 07:46 PM|
|Capacitor choice||Pierre||Class D||7||17th August 2005 09:02 PM|
|Help with capacitor choice.||Fin||Digital Source||7||8th June 2004 08:26 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|