Philips cd753 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2011, 08:42 AM   #11
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Indeed! I think a couple of mkp's from the opamp output to the sockets might be worth a try ;-)
Old 7th May 2011, 05:24 PM   #12
JosM is offline JosM  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

It is not necessary to use a couple C. You could bypass the current capacitors. In other words the output of the opamp directly to the tulps.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:13 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Its not possible to bypass the DC blocking caps on the output of this player as there is approx 3v dc present
Old 7th May 2011, 11:42 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Replacing the OpAmps in my DVD/CD players with LM4562 always had an impressive result.
In one instance I did install DIP sockets so I can roll a few models - and I could compare them fairly easy.

Last edited by SoNic_real_one; 7th May 2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:25 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Have you tried the HA version? I tend to use these instead of the 8 DIL.
Old 8th May 2011, 02:26 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

No.I think those sound identical - if loaded with higher impedance than 2kohm.
Only when you try to dive headphones with OpAmps (and you push them at higher disipated power) it makes sense to use HA version.
Old 11th May 2011, 08:26 AM   #17
jemraid is offline jemraid  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I bought a CD723 for £20 after reading about them on here, I had listened to a Technics thing until then, the 723 is a great improvement in every way.

Thanks Stainless for the link to the service manual much appreciated

I am going to do the Decibel Dungeon mods to it: Modifying a CD player's electronics. this doesn't include the clock mod that UV101 mentions though.

I just know what components look like and am quite good at soldering but I am determined to have a go at the mods.

Jim
Old 11th May 2011, 08:51 PM   #18
JosM is offline JosM  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default DC voltage on the output of the opamp

Hello UV101

I measured with my scope no DC on the output of the opamp 4562. Only some noise. So in my opinion it is still worth trying the bypass the output caps. The amplification of this opamp is appr. 1.5. I want to try to increase this amplification to appr. 4. Reason is that my tube amp, with only one tube has an amplification of only 1.
Old 11th May 2011, 09:06 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi, if there is no DC its worth bypassing the blocking caps for sure. It was a while ago that I modded this player for a friend. I thought I measured 3v DC but I could have been mistaken.

If you are looking to take the player further, you could try bypassing the internal opamp I/V stage on the DAC chip itself. Another easy mod would be to provide a separate +/- PSU for the opamp itself.

My attention is now with THIS!!!
Old 27th January 2012, 11:54 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hi,
sorry for disturb, I want to 'upgrade" my Philips cd753. Some help?(schematic, ..all other infos If is posible please?..what is improvement?some pics?
THX in advance.
best regards.

Hide this!Advertise here!