Sony XA50ES mods - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2004, 01:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Sony XA50ES mods

Hello, I have been doing some modifications on my Sony XA50ES cd player and would like some advice from you. There is a 5 volt supply from a regulator on the digital power supply. This supplies on the servo board the signal processor ic101 CXB2545Q, and ic201 system controller CXB84124-068Q, and the digital out board and other things. On the audio board it supplies ic601 CXD8679Q digital filter and some part off the DA converter ic603 CXD2562Q. I have cut this 5volt wire from servo board to audio board and put in an Audiocom superregulator for the audio board. I took 11 volt from digital power supply (same as for the original 5volt regulator) and connected ground to the audio board. My question is where is the best place for this ground, on the digital power board or the audio board.

I have also changed the tree regulators on the audio board (7, -7 and 5v) to Audiocom. My second question: should I remove the caps (100uf) after these regulators? There are other caps (47uf) close to the circuits they supply.

Jens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd.jpg (85.6 KB, 173 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!