Wadia Swift Current?

Does anyone know anything about the Wadia Swift Current I/V converter? I will try to look up any patent information. The following is a quoted directly from their site:

Conventional digital-to-analog converters perform current-to-voltage (I/V) conversion using feedback circuits based on operational amplifiers. Because the signal from the DAC chip consists of a series of step changes, the distortion introduced by this feedback circuit is a significant limitation on sonic performance. In contrast, the Swift Current circuit performs this I/V conversion with Wadia’s patented current-conveyor integrated circuit (IC) that eliminates feedback. This bipolar IC consists of an innovative connection of Wilson current mirrors, an emitter degeneration compensation scheme to optimize transient response and stability, and a novel current mirror arrangement to enhance output impedance.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
jam said:
Cameron,

I believe the PA630 is a current conveyor. The internal circuit might have been published in Wireless World years ago.

Correct. The PA630 (and the '630A, which has connections for dditional FET drain followers at the output) was taken off the market a couple of years ago after the designer sold the rights and his remaining chips to Wadia. There have been at least two publications in EW/WW, plus several in the trade press. There is also a full chapter describing these chips in the book "Analog IC design, the current mode approach".
If you need info like internal schematics etc, drop me an email.

Jan Didden

Hi im in uk and have a wadia 861se
But i have a intermittent crackling noise from left balanced and unbalanced output
I was told it is the wadia i/c ( swift current conveyor) SC10021
Due to unstable DC output level
(Analogue output only affected)
Can you help thanks?
Whether its sourcing a new one or finding a second hand wadia device that would have it?
Or any other solution?
Maybe a schematic to design a new circuit?