TDA1543 resistor i/v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
experiment

sounds realy bad:

Attachments

• bad.gif
    bad.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,237
till, with passive I/V, it's very critical the value you use between Ref and ground.
You have to use a resistor there.
I always use a 2.2k trimmer and it's so critical that you can tune it by ear.
Sound goes away, hiss, comes back distorted and finally clear (in both directions this happens).
There's a sweet spot thats not wide.
In the end you can measure the trimmer and put a resistor of that value there.
Unfortunately, the position where it sounds best is not the one with lower DC.:bawling:

I did the trimmer at Vref some time ago, and i ended up with very low resistance there.

The reason for this attempt was i wanted without the resistor, and i´m sure it will work without. (datasheet)

Following the information in posting above and the datasheet i would need to set the voltage with the divider to about 2,3V, and use 650R/760R resistors.

Those caps without the 33k resistors may do anything to remove DC.
The caps WITH the 33k resistors form a high-pass filter.
If you have high DC on the output, lower the value of the caps or lower the value of the resistors.
This is what I was talking about.

Don't remove the caps!:bawling:

This should be a highpass with Fg = 1Hz, so no DC should be visible at output. The only way DC could show up would be with crappy caps like elektrolytics or so. I can not measure now as the device is at a friend who will listen to it for some time now.

Also i can´t see a problem with removing the caps when used for driving a balanced preamp. As we ad 2,8V at both sides to the signal this 2,8V would be removed by the balanced stage. Only you should not connect DC coupled and non balanced amp to this, else...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.