DSRLL and jitter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Teac VRDS-8.
The Teac boasts that the DSRLL (Double Servo Ratio Looked Loop) is able to reduce jitter of 40dB.
Now, listening at the bass of this CDP respect my old Philips 582 with no O/S tda 1541 saa7220 (bypassed) saa7210 connected to Kwak clock (tanks Elso) passive I/V and discrete jfet-fet output stage, and to my Sony CDX720E with Tent clock and the dac coupled to output directly with a couple of mu-metal trafo for L/P filter end line driving, the Teac seems to be better for extension in the deepest frequency and not worse for timing.
Where it leaves to wish, it is in the hf area, where it is for sure sharper.
My question is.
Do must I to modify the clock of these CDP or it is not necessary?
The schematic looks quiet the same of the teac VRDS-25 CXD2545Q (CD-Decoder 16.9344MHz), AD1893 (ASRC 18.432Mhz), SM5843, uPD65031 , 2 PCM1702K per channel.
After the 18.432Mhz there are a lot of 74HCxxx family, (peraps (15) before the clock signal arrivs to dacs, so I would not know not even where to connect an eventual one clock generator (Kwak i think).
some one could help me?
Tanks.
Pro.

pro said:
I just bought a Teac VRDS-8.
The Teac boasts that the DSRLL (Double Servo Ratio Looked Loop) is able to reduce jitter of 40dB.
Now, listening at the bass of this CDP respect my old Philips 582 with no O/S tda 1541 saa7220 (bypassed) saa7210 connected to Kwak clock (tanks Elso) passive I/V and discrete jfet-fet output stage, and to my Sony CDX720E with Tent clock and the dac coupled to output directly with a couple of mu-metal trafo for L/P filter end line driving, the Teac seems to be better for extension in the deepest frequency and not worse for timing.
Where it leaves to wish, it is in the hf area, where it is for sure sharper.
My question is.
Do must I to modify the clock of these CDP or it is not necessary?
The schematic looks quiet the same of the teac VRDS-25 CXD2545Q (CD-Decoder 16.9344MHz), AD1893 (ASRC 18.432Mhz), SM5843, uPD65031 , 2 PCM1702K per channel.
After the 18.432Mhz there are a lot of 74HCxxx family, (peraps (15) before the clock signal arrivs to dacs, so I would not know not even where to connect an eventual one clock generator (Kwak i think).
some one could help me?
Tanks.
Pro.

Hi

It is my experience that changing clock brings resolution, reduces harshness and reduces stress

The clock in the 8 is not worlds' best, but the 8 is easilly modified, unlike the 9

cheers

Sorry Elso (can I call you Elso?), but I meant to say that the Teac is sharper, not the Sony. Maybe because of the transformer output stage, but the my Sony is at least delicate like the Philips in the High frequency. Where it loses is in the width of the soundstage, that is a little bit larger in the Philips and in the Teac to.
So, can I mail to you schematics, so that you can tell me where connect your clock?
Another question. Is possible to buid the two clocks on one board, sharing the same power supply circuit, or it is better to buil two separate boars.
Thanks.

pro said:
Sorry Elso (can I call you Elso?), but I meant to say that the Teac is sharper, not the Sony. Maybe because of the transformer output stage, but the my Sony is at least delicate like the Philips in the High frequency. Where it loses is in the width of the soundstage, that is a little bit larger in the Philips and in the Teac to.
So, can I mail to you schematics, so that you can tell me where connect your clock?
Another question. Is possible to buid the two clocks on one board, sharing the same power supply circuit, or it is better to buil two separate boars.
Thanks.
Hi Pro, Yes you may call me Elso. Maybe I was generalising too much regarding the sound difference.
If you mail me the schematics I can help you better. I would not share the powersupplies between the clocks.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.