Sony x55ES opamp replacements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my Sony x55ES I see four 5532DD opamps. The x55ES has two RCA outputs: variable and fixed + toslink.
My previous player x222ES also had fixed and variable RCA out, however in the x222ES I only had two 5532DD opamps, one for left channel and one for right, sharing both outputs. I know this for sure 'cause in the x222ES I put in AD825 and also tried other types.

My question is: I wonder why I have four 5532DD in the x55ES ?
I want to experiment with replacing the 5532DD with other types, but do I need to replace all four of them, or would the one pair belong to the one set of outputs?
I only use the fixed out.

Thanks.

http://2bak.homepage.dk/x55es_opamp.jpg

/Jan

I don´t know the x55ES but in my X505ES there is one opamp for every function: i/u-conversion, filtering(gyrator), summing (all NE5532) and a op37 serving as dc-servo. I was thinking to strip it down a bit but haven´t tried it yet. In the 222es all is done in one stage and the output is ac-coupled. Changing the opamps does more or less improves the sound depending on the position. Get a sevice manual to see what opamp is doing which job.

joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.