Audio Alchemy DDE V1.0 schematic - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Boomer2 is offline Boomer2  Canada
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

I know this is an old thread but here goes...

I have a Amanero Combo 384 USB-to-I2S interface on the way that I'd like to try out with my old Audio Alchemy DDE v1.0 DAC until I get my Subbu DAC V3.

The I2S input on the AA is via a 4-pin mini din. Would anyone know how the din pinouts map to GND, MCLK, FSYNC, SCLOCK, and SDATA where pins 1-4 are labelled according to the attached image for the din?

I don't have an oscilloscope. Is there any harm in trying various I2S wiring hookup combinations or will I be risking damage to either the Amanero board or AA DAC?

(The Audio Asylum FAQ section doesn't show schematics for this particular DAC)

Many Thanks.
Old 9th January 2013, 08:46 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

The I2S connector on the DDE1.0 is just for output.

My DDE 1.0 power supply gone faulty and killed the DAC by supplying +-28V. To repair it I had the schematics drawn and it's 60% finished. Would anyone like to see how this old DAC was constructed?
Old 19th January 2013, 11:35 AM   #13
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

I know this is an old thread but here goes...

I have a Amanero Combo 384 USB-to-I2S interface on the way that I'd like to try out with my old Audio Alchemy DDE v1.0 DAC until I get my Subbu DAC V3.

The I2S input on the AA is via a 4-pin mini din. Would anyone know how the din pinouts map to GND, MCLK, FSYNC, SCLOCK, and SDATA where pins 1-4 are labelled according to the attached image for the din?

I don't have an oscilloscope. Is there any harm in trying various I2S wiring hookup combinations or will I be risking damage to either the Amanero board or AA DAC?

(The Audio Asylum FAQ section doesn't show schematics for this particular DAC)

Many Thanks.
Audio Alchemy didn't use standard i2S, they inverted I think the wordclock. If you look at all the logic chips on the AA DAC's i2S input one reviewer claimed it had the worst jitter he had ever measured, you are better off using the coaxial iput on the AA DAC's.
Old 18th April 2014, 12:15 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to shizaudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowires View Post
Would anyone like to see how this old DAC was constructed?
Hi, klowires! Would be interesting to see. Hope you finished it already/

Hide this!Advertise here!