Noise problem on TDA1541A output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suspect the DEM. What circuit are you using on pins 16 and 17 ?

I am using the Grundig cd9009 circuit. I suspected I had a bad solder joint. I re-flowed solder to all joints but the problem persisted. Replaced the decoupling caps and problem has vanished.

Subsequently I have corrected some original issues. I was running the 9009 DEM by taking clock from WS. I drive the DAC with a WaveIO XMOS USB I2S source. WS at 44.1, (while much better than the stock configuration with the 760pf cap) is much too low for DEM. I have available from the WaveIO a clean 176.4 signal. I now use that signal to drive the DEM circuit. The fresh decoupling caps plus the optimized DEM clock is producing a wonderful result. Level of detail on a quiet background is quite stunning. Again one of those moments where you need to go back and listen to the library with fresh ears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.